This is our dumping ground for the things we do that aren’t reviews. You can find links to our accounts on this page, videos we have made, the Dazed advice column we did once upon a time, and idk what else yet. holiday snaps. transparent PNGs. things and bits.
In January-April 2021, we took part in Jack Arts and BUILDHOLLYWOOD’s Your Space or Mine project! Billboards and posters went up in cities across the UK that presented the following ideas for a new art world:
001: if I were the Tate, I would simply remove my racist paintings x
002: Universal Basic Income and affordable housing so that everyone, including artists, can make a living
003: Curators should ask the public what they want to see and what they think galleries and museums should be used for
004: people across the creative industries need to declare if they have rich parents who helped them get where they are today
005: The art world should not replicate the capitalist structures of other industries and instead should set a better example with a horizontal approach to decision-making and pay
006: dear museums, give back all stolen objects
Adrian Burnham wrote the nicest text in the world about it here. We have lots of thoughts about it all but we’re still digestingggg - will speak more fully in due course. Thank you everyone for tagging us in photos of them for the past few months :) The ones on this page were taken by Kevin Lake.
Dazed Advice Column
- My degree show was cancelled - what can I do instead?
- How to turn your art writing into an art blog
- How can I survive in the arts when it comes to money?
- How to I stand out on Instagram as an artist?
- How to deal with your art being a token choice?
- Can you be an artist and not go to art school?
- Should your art be political?
- How to take criticism as an artist
- Is higher arts education actually worth it?
- How arts organisation can be more diverse
- How to know when to boycott an artist
- How to make your voice heard as an art student
- How to make art that escapes the white gaze
- How to get into the arts industry as a WOC
- How to make art with people in places - with AIR
- Kochi Biennale
- Art Dates: Heather Phillipson
- Art Dates: DKUK
- READING OUR HATE COMMENTS: why we live-review degree shows and continue 2 exist
- NEW YORK VLOG 20 MINUTES LONG PRETTY UNWATCHABLE IF I’M HONEST
- we flew to rhode island school of design to EAT
- ZM’S DECEMBER VLOG
- I HAVE ANXIETY ???
on a beach in India with Vishal kumaraswamy
im adding this as a secret at the end but if you play video games and want to join our secret discord please send an email hehe